The Origin of the Apostles Creed
- I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
- the Creator of heaven and earth,
- I believe in Jesus Christ,
His only Son, our Lord:
- Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
- suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried.
- He descended into hell.
- The third day He arose again from the dead.
- He ascended into heaven
- and sits at the right hand of
God the Father Almighty,
- whence He shall come to judge
the living and the dead.
- I believe in the Holy Spirit,
- the holy catholic church,
- the communion of saints,
- the forgiveness of sins,
- the resurrection of the body,
- and life everlasting.
It is most important to bring a thorough explanation of the gospel. The Confessions and Creeds are established by the church Fathers to give a sound foundation of theology. This site is built to teach the gospel according to a "Confessional Christian" point of view. Although, doctrines such as Baptism, the Lords Supper, Eschatology, Ecclesiology, and other disputed doctrines are not the focus of this site, If a particular view is expressed, it is because it is generally accepted by the church as a whole. Please enjoy this informaton and use it as you can for the spread of Gods foundational doctrines.